Skip to content

Working While Abroad

Is it possible to work while I am abroad?

It is possible in some countries with a few restrictions determined by your immigration status. Students should consult the consulate when applying for a visa to learn more about work restrictions in your destination. Part-time work, internships or volunteer work in the United Kingdom, for example, requires you to apply three months in advance for a particular visa that carries a fee of £322 and is typically only available for students staying for the full year or enrolled in an internship program. Other countries may allow you to work for a set amount of hours per week with the same student visa you are required to obtain in order to study in that country.