What is covered by the fees paid to Scripps?
Payment of the Scripps comprehensive semester fee covers:
- Tuition for up to 16 semester units per semester which is equivalent to 4 course credits at Scripps. Note: students are required to enroll in a minimum of 15 semester units equivalent to 3.75 course credits at Scripps. This is important for maintaining eligibility for financial aid and for immigration requirements of the host country.
- Double room accommodation and board – housing and meal arrangements vary by program and expenses are covered either by an allowance provided to the student or direct payment to the program sponsor;
- Round-trip student airfare reimbursement to the study site for the dates of the program (students must obtain pre-approval of fares),
- Program orientation workshops,
- accident and medical insurance coverage while abroad through any mandatory international medical insurance required by the program,
- Study or field trip fee if a mandatory part of a class that has been pre-approved by Scripps faculty to fulfill a major, minor or general education requirement. To fulfill a requirement, the class must carry at least three semester credits (.75 of a Scripps course). Up to two mandatory trip fees per student may be covered. Optional trips are the responsibility of the student for payment,
- the cost of administering SAGE at Scripps including the services of various other offices.